Pay the Immigration Health Surcharge

As part of your Student visa application, you need to pay a healthcare surcharge (called the Immigration Health Charge), irrespective whether you are outside the UK and apply for entry clearance as a Student, or whether you are within the UK and apply for permission to stay in the UK as a Student.

At the time of writing this post, the annual amount which must be paid in respect of a Student application is £150.

If you apply for permission to enter or stay including a part of a year, if the part year is 6 months or less, the amount payable for that part is half of the specified annual amount. If the part year is more than 6 months, the amount payable for that part is the specified annual amount.

When your Student visa is granted, you can start using the National Health Service (NHS). Certain types of services, such as prescriptions, dental treatment, eye tests and assisted conception, are not covered. You will have to pay for them separately.

If you want to apply for a Student Visa and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.