Is parental consent necessary when applying for a Student Visa?

If you apply for a Student Visa and you are aged 18 or over, you do not need to have consent from parents for your application.

If you are aged 16 or 17, you must have written consent from both parents, or from just one parent if that parent has sole legal responsibility for you, or from your legal guardian. 

 The written consent must confirm support for the application, and for your living and care arrangements in the UK. If you apply from outside the UK and you seek entry clearance (permission to enter the UK as a student), you also need to show that you have written consent for travel to, and reception arrangements in, the UK.

If you want to apply for a Student Visa and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.