English language requirement. Higher education provider assessment

To be granted a Student Visa in the UK, you must be awarded 70 points in total, 10 of which for meeting the English language requirement.

You will meet the requirement if you are applying for a course of study at degree level or above and are sponsored by a higher education provider with a track record of compliance who states on the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies that they have assessed your English language ability and how they have assessed it.

Where an assessment has been carried out, the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies must confirm that you have knowledge of English equivalent to level B2 (or above) of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening).

If you want to apply for a Student Visa and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.