English language requirement. GCSE or A Level English

To be granted a Student Visa in the UK, you must be awarded 70 points in total, 10 of which for meeting the English language requirement.

You will meet the English language requirement if you have a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification at level 4 or 5 or, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher, in English (language or literature), that was awarded by an Ofqual (or SQA, Qualifications Wales or CCEA) regulated awarding body, and following education undertaken in a UK based school which began while you were aged under 18.

You must prove this by either a certificate from the awarding body, or an official transcript issued by the awarding body.

If you want to apply for a Student Visa and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.