Check whether your sponsor is in the register of licensed student sponsors!

You can apply for a student visa to study in the UK if you have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor whose license is still valid on the date on which the application is decided.

Not all education providers are licensed student sponsors. Only those recognised by the Home Office can issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies which may be used to apply for a student visa.

There is a permanently updated register of licensed sponsors which includes information about the category of students they are licensed to sponsor and their sponsorship rating.

It shows the sponsor’s name, their primary location, their sponsor type, the location of operated centres, the rating of their license, and whether the sponsor is subject to an action plan to help ensure immigration compliance.

The register of licensed student sponsors can be found here.

At the time of writing this post, there are more than 1,100 licensed student sponsors in the list. Check if the one you would like to sponsor your student visa is there!

If you want to apply for a Student Visa and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.